With the invention of large throat sewing machines, sewing and quilting have been simpler than ever before. Not only sewing but also automatic stitching and adjustable stitching speed in these large throat sewing machines for quilting have benefited consumers, be they light-duty or heavy-duty machines. This large throat sewing machines also brought innovation and independence to seasoned and professional experts.
This becomes a problem if you have a tiny throat machine and operate on a heavy thing like a king-size blanket or other large projects. It can lead to folds and wrinkling if you jam your item tightly into the space of your neck. Basically, a large area of the throat is required so that you can comfortably quilt bulky objects. Here is the list of large throat sewing machine for quilting which is perfect for the beginning and experienced quilter.
1)Brother PQ1500SL Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Brother PQ1500SL High-Speed Quilting and Sewing Machine is a tool designed especially for quilters. You’ll be satisfied with some of the features, such as the automatic needle positioner and the knee lever for raising the presser foot. This is so convenient when you need a little more space and want to have your arms free to shift the cloth.
It’s soft and sturdy, which is a must if you’re dealing with huge quilts or a lot of bulky cloth. You won’t have problems dealing with several layers of clothing as the engine is a heavy-duty sewing machine that is quite effective and can knit up to 1500 stitches per minute.
In addition, the machine has the ability to control the feed dog. You have 4 types of changes you can make to control the feed dog and the foot pressure.
- Stitch Speed is 1500 stitches per minute
- Precision pin feeding system
- Throat Volume is 8 3/4 inches x 6 1/2 inches wide
- FAST threader needle
- Fabric extension table
- Presser foot pressure adjuster
- Extension Table and Knee Lift
- Up to 7mm stitch length
- Item weight is 32 pounds
- Have 4 dog feed settings
- Heavy-duty frame
- Auto thread trimmer
- Control of heavy-duty
- Industrial Quilting Machine Standard
- 4 setups for feed dogs
- More costly
2)JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine
If you’re thinking of buying a large throat sewing machine for quilting, you should seriously consider the amazing Juki TL-2000qi as Juki is famous for producing high-quality sewing machines. This sewing machine has a wide region of the throat that you’ll enjoy since it’s perfect for quilting.
This Juki large throat sewing quilting machine is a solid performer; it reaches speeds of 1500 stitches per minute, has an auto-needle threader, and its aluminium die-cast frame eliminates friction when running. You will realize that the stitch consistency that this unit reliably provides will exceed even your highest hopes. It delivers excellent results for every stitch you want it to do, and it does so easily and efficiently
Moreover, The manuals for this large throat sewing machine are a little thin. This Juki sewing machine is a state-of-the-art, advanced quilting sewing machine capable of handling all sorts of fabrics and several layers.
- Solid stitch high-speed quilting machine
- Automatic threading of the needle
- LED Lights Updated
- 3 quilting presser legs
- The sewing speed is 1500 stitches a minute.
- Throat Volume is 8.5 inches
- Item Weight is 36 Pound
- Knee elevator lever
- Extension desk with a large sewing area
- stable thread discomfort for free motion quilting
- Aluminium die-cast arm and bed for reduced vibration operation
- Great for specialist quilts.
- Heavy-duty frame
- Even Feed foot
- Severe Quilt Strength
- Large Extension Table
- One requires a straight stitch
- Might not fit with those budgets
3)Janome MC6650 Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Janome MC6650 computerised quilting and sewing machine comes both with an extension table and a quilt collection. With hundreds of built-in stitches, an LCD control panel, and a range of other attachments, It has 170 built-in stitches and 6 built-in buttonholes to support you handle whatever sewing project you are undertaking.
The control panel is fitted with an LCD monitor to allow a breeze sewing. There is also an electronic needle threader that will save the eyes from the pain. Just take the needle thread down, put the thread in the loop, and take it out.
The jam-proof mechanism makes it very easy to move the bobbins. Only follow the string, and the machine will automatically pull up the bobbin line.
There are also several handy feature keys on the control panel. There’s an automated thread cutting button that removes both the top and bottom threads. There’s also the reverse stitch button to strengthen the sewing, and the lock stitch button will complete the thread. The Start and Stop button helps you to stitch without the foot pressure, and the Up and Down button takes the needle up or down at the click of a button.
- 170 built-in sewing stitches
- The sewing speed is 100 stitches a minute
- 10′′ Smooth Expansion Chart
- 10 inch of throat space
- The weight of the unit is 34 pounds.
- Jam Proof Easy-Set Top-The Bobbin Loading System
- Control Panel and LCD Screen Easy-To-Use
- Thread Cut Button
- Automatic threader needle
- Jam-proof coil operating mechanism
- 170 choices for sewing
- Loop press for trimmer
- Automatic threader needle feature
- No such that we aware of
4)Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Juki HZL-F600 computerised sewing machine is an improved model, and this new sewing and quilting machine is a definite upgrade from the JUKI HZL-F300. It provides more variety of embroidery stitch patterns and extra LED light to illuminate your workspace. HZL-F600 has more than double the number of stitch patterns and an extra font.
Automatic needle threading helps to save time, with the feature of bobbin winding. There’s a separate motor for winding the bobbin. The random stitching feature is perfect for quilting. The computer varies the width of such quilting stitch patterns automatically and arbitrarily.
This computerised sewing machine makes free flow of stitching without having to think about thread stress. And with this unit, you can deal with a wide range of materials.
- 900 stitches per minute of sewing speed
- Large Throat Area is 8 inches long and 4.5 inches high.
- 4 fonts for machine embroidery
- 225 machine embroidery stitch patterns used
- Sixteen competent buttonholes
- One-touch thread
- Unique steel feed dog
- Buttonhole Sensor System
- Item weight is 32 pounds
- Have a handy LCD screen selection
- Quilt and embroidery computer sewing solutions
- Large expanded working table
- Stable thread tension when stitching free motion
- Strong computerised sewing machine
5)Janome MC-6300P Heavy-Duty Computerized Quilting Sewing Machine
The Large Throat Sewing Machines For Quilting is one of the finest all-round computerised sewing quilting machines. Many professional and high-quality machines would price between $2000 and $3000. The Janome MC-6300 quilting machine can often be sold for less than $1000.
The Janome MC6300p quilting machine passed with flying colours in every test. It will fit well with the thickest of quilts without slowing down or skipping a beat. It’s steady and strong, and best of all.
This Large Throat Sewing Machines For Quilting has been crafted for quilters, comes with 66 stitches, 4 buttonholes, knee raise, 9′′ x 5′′ throat area, 5 applique stitches, speed monitor, automated feed and thread cutter.
- 5 separate applique blanket stitches.
- Sewing pace of 1000 stitches per minute
- Throat Volume is 9 inches by 5 inches.
- 66 optimised stitches and specialised designs used
- Advanced feed system for cloth
- Knee raise and drop the power of feed
- Command thread trimmer
- Stock Weight is 45 P.
- 4 automatic buttonhole options available
- Drop-in 15-class bobbin system
- Large throat space
- Plenty of sewing ability
- Heavy-duty framework
- Had to buy a special bobbin case especially for free-motion quilting